Introduction to JSON
What is JSON? JSON_Syntax JSON_Data Types JSON_vs_XML JSON_Array JSON_Object
What is JSON?
- JSON is a lightweight data interchange format for transmitting data between server and client applications.
- JSON uses human-readable text for reading and writing.
- Also easy for machines to parse and generate.
- Here we use the filename extension is .json.
- JSON replaces the XML data format, the reason is that XML uses begin and end tag for each data element but JSON doesn't need that much begin and end tag.
- JSON is very simple and easy to read.
- JSON's structures are easily understood by the program developer.
- Due to their simplicity, N-number of RESTful APIs were developed faster based on JSON (e.g.: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Web Services (AWS), etc...).
- Now JSON is widely used in the products like Node.js and Sublime Text (a popular IDE for web development).
Next - JSON Syntax >>