C is a general purpose programming language
- C language can be used to create anything that interacts closely with system hardware and devices.
- Can be used to write software for Bridges, Routers and any firmware applications
- Network security, distributed services, and network programming
- Anything that requires highest speed and closest access to hardware
- Can be used to write even an operating system. In fact, Unix was written in C.
- Can be used to write device drivers, compilers, databases, browsers, gaming and any software application.
- Even UI applications where performance takes a higher priority than Look and Feel or Ease of programming
- C programming language is very efficient and powerful and can be easily ported to different platforms.
- Most operating systems - Windows, Unix, Linux, MacOS, RTOS, Solaris - are written primarily using C or derivatives of C.
- It is ideally more suitable for modern computers and modern programming.
We are going to learn what is C programming, how the programming is done, what are the features of the programming language, what techniques are used and so on. This tutorial is designed for the programmers those who are interested to learn about the fundamentals of C. Also, it gives the basic knowledge about the programming language. It acts as a beginner guide.