In this tutorial, you are going to learn about the fundamentals of computers.
What is a Computer?
Computer is derived from the word compute which means to calculate.
Functionality of computers
The main functionality of a computer is to solve complex arithmetic and scientific problems at very high speeds.
A computer is an electronic device that:
- accepts data and instructions as an input
- stores data and instructions in the memory
- process the data based on instructions
- controls all activities of a computer
- returns output either on computer or on other output devices
Computing devices have become an essential part of all human lives.
Computers have many applications in:
- day-to-day lives.
Computer is an electronic machine designed to perform mathematical and logical operations.
Used to perform activities like:
- creating, editing & managing documents
- sending documents through internet
- browse the internet and search for information
- running software applications
- Developing software applications
- Analyze data
- Computer and internet games
- Entertainment such as watch videos, listen to music and songs
- Draw pictures and create animation
- Read News
- Take pictures, make voice calls and videos calls
- Conduct Virtual online meetings
- Virtual reality to test products in simulated environments
The list of activities you can do with a computer is endless....